December 21, 2004

Wonderful

Kaeiy is listening to: 2 Things - UrbanDub

I couldn't sleep last night. I tossed and I turned in bed. Plugged into the stereo. Plugged out. Rearranged my seven pillows. Flipped my bedspread over. Dragged my sister from her bed and asked her to talk to me. She fell asleep; I didn't.

Why?

A short, 30-second call I received kept echoing in my head. "You are still as wonderful as I first met you."

How, I wonder, could I be "still as wonderful" when I have been split open and gutted and the skeletons in my closet all came out to dance a frightful jig?

How, I wonder, could I be "still as wonderful" when all my past mistakes came back to taunt me, when all the sh*t of my past came rocketing out like great balls of manure?

How, I wonder, could I be "still as wonderful" when I simply AM NOT?!?

What is probably harder for me to accept is that this someone who saw the gutted me still thinks I'm wonderful.

It's so beautiful but so sad.

I'm just not wonderful.

I'm just not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gorgeous said...

Nobody and nothing can bring you down without your permission. :-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger karlaredor said...

and you have so many pillows.. hehe

"You are still as wonderful as I first met you."

--> quotable quote

but everyone's wonderful in their own special way.. =)

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home