December 21, 2004

Himala!

Kaeiy is listening to : Himala - Rivermaya

Since Sunday, today was the first time the sun kissed my skin again. Oh, pardon me. May I say it was the mid-afternoon sun, to be exact? I have been cooped up for three and a half days in this forsaken house, where my sleep-wake cycle and my eating habits have gone haywire. Blame vacation, a state of animated suspension for my tired and stressed-out brain.

So today, Wednesday, I decided to put on some decent clothes and get out of the house. It wasn’t a very productive day but I did get out of the house and that IS a good thing.

What did I do? Hmmm... lemme think.

First, I went to Globe to pay last month’s bill (whoa! Almost twice my monthly service fee!) and to swap my sister’s Smart SIM for a 64K prepaid one. I was waiting for my number to be called for fifteen minutes, which I spent constructively (kind of) admiring the cellphone models on display (mostly Nokia. Ugh, I am so sick of Nokias) in their glass cases.


I then marched on to several stores to help Nanay (my maternal gradma) look for a pair of white or dark gray pants (while Rodj and Kaiz went on to Olympic Village! Waaah! I want to go too! I need new shuttlecocks and a new racket! And new shoes! Waaah! Take me with you!). Oh, how hard it is to shop for someone above 65! Everything she sees is “pangbata naman yan!” Waaaah! No wonder we ended up buying a pair of polyester-rayon dark grey pants in the department store. Mango just had NO decent white pants (according to Nanay) and Jessica was just too “conio” (Ano ika nyo, Nay? P*kp*k yung pantalon? Hehehe) for her. Whatever!

My favorite part: food! We were debating whether to have Italian or Mexican ( I wanted a burrito but my brother wanted Italian. So did Nanay. Guess who lost! Bah!) So we debated between Chef D'Angelo and Sbarro. I said I was sick of Sbarro and Rodj seconded the motion. Kaiz pushed for La Piadina instead. I protested. La Piadina AGAIN! Gaaaaah! No! So I pushed for Chef and Rodj backed me up. So on to Chef D'Angelo with Rodj (my ever lovable and ever hip-though-slightly-an-oldie uncle), Kaiz (my brother, the bane of my existence), Ky (my youngest sister, the other bane of my existence) and Nanay. Devoured one quarter chicken, half a Chef Salad, and one whole plate of puttanesca. A plate of pasta that was "meant for sharing" says the menu behind the cashier. But of course, I don't share. Gahaman ako. Harharhar. Ended up with a big, happy belly and some cold chicken to take home (which I am eating now).

They all went back to Globe to claim Ky's new Globe SIM while I went to National to grab some plastic cover for my new books (love love love new books partly because I love covering them in plastic. Wehehehe...)

Back to the 5th level parking lot. Refused to drive car home. Would like to get home safe and sound, car and passengers alike thankyouverymuuuuuch!

Came home and have been online for... hmmm... about 3 hours.

Not a very bad day, after all.

Now if you would please excuse me, I have books to cover!

Later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gorgeous said...

ang takaw mo kambs!

8:53 AM  
Blogger stargazer said...

Sinabi mo pa! Aminado naman eh! Hwehehe...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Pussy Lover said...

Takaw! bwahihi Waaah mis na mis ko na pesto pasta ng Piadina huhuhu

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home