December 22, 2004

Dub-ista

Kaeiy is listening to: Give - UrbanDub

I have been listening to this UrbanDub album (Birth, the first one) everyday since I got it at I Love You (the shop on the 2nd floor of Cafe Saguijo) Friday night. It was a long and hard road trying to get a copy of this album!

When UP Underground held "UrbanDub na ito!" I scrambled to the CD booth, hoping to get their album. I was so so so IN LOVE with the song "Come" then (can't blame me, yun yung unang sumikat eh) only to discover that they sold only the second album (Influence, which is also very good. It's just that, "Come' isn't in that album!). I bought it anyway and enjoyed Influence. After a while, I heard from the grapevine that 50 copies of Birth were delivered to Sarabia Optical (it's an optical shop located in UP Diliman's Shopping Center) two days prior. When I got there, one person came out with three (THREE!!! hindi man lang nagtira!) copies of the album. Guess who came in 5 seconds too late! Gaaaaah! Lady Luck! You hate me! Admit it! Bah!

So when I saw this album at I Love You, I tossed it into my pile of two shirts and a divine skirt that I also found. Hay... happiness! Lahat ng songs gusto ko, except "Apart" (track 10). No offense to the fans pero ayoko ng rap. Hehehe...

@}-;-----

Ky (the other bane of my existence, hehe) listened to the album last night while I was covering books.

Kaeiy: "Taga-Cebu sila."
Ky, the bane: "Talaga? Magaling sila ha."
Kaeiy: "Magaling talaga sila!"
Ky, the bane: "Yup, mas magaling sila sa Itsumo."

What the F*CK?!? Doesn't even COMPARE! Haller?!? Asar...

@}-;-----

GIVE

I wait by the phone
I wait for a call that never comes
I’m playing your game
But the truth is it’s driving me insane

The moment I give
Is the moment you take
You’re less than forgiven

The moment I wake
Is the moment you sleep
You’re always receiving

Am I wasting my time
In time you’d get yours
And I’ll get mine

You’d be surprised
On how things
Can get back at you sometimes

Coz I've played your fool
Now I’m breaking all your stupid rules
Coz I’ve had enough of you

Now I’m leaving it all
I’m leaving you

The moment I give
Is the moment you take
You’re less than forgiven

The moment I wake
Is the moment you sleep
You’re always receiving (2x)

I wait for the call that never comes
Am I wasting my time
Coz time takes its crazy toll


@}-;-----

I spent a good deal of time listening to some songs over and over to get the lyrics for Kritz (my absolute fave sibling and fellow Dub-ista). "Give" is her favorite. Somehow it's one of my favorites too. Pero "Come" tsaka "2 Things" pa rin!

In many ways, Kritz is like me. Natatanga pagdating sa pag-ibig. Harhar... How I envy her, though. She knows where her happiness is at her age. It took me 8 extra years to figure it out for myself. Hay, kids these days. They're not kids anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger karlaredor said...

comparing urbandub with itsumo?

weird.. hehe

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home