April 03, 2007

POX-siyet!

Kaeiy is listening to: Give - UrbanDub

Last night, I had a craving for Chicken Joy so Jen and I went to an outlet near my place. A stone's throw from the outlet is a residential place for...errr... relocated (if you want to be PC about it) folk. I picked out a table near the AC, as the summer sizzle has the Metro in its fiery grip. I walked over to the table and my reflexes made me jump back a couple of feet.

Lo and behold! In the next table was a little girl of about 4... covered with varicella lesions in its initial stages of healing. The damn kid had chicken pox! Fuck! How much worse could the day get?

You see, I've never had chicken pox. Nobody in my nuclear family has ever had chicken pox. I haven't gotten my shots this year and chicken pox is not something I would want to have in this lifetime or the next, for gawdsakes. Being in an enclosed AC environment made the transmission of varicella a great possibility.

But of course, hunger won over pestilence (?) so Jen and I settled for sitting at a table the farthest away from the said poxy girl. Before the PC police descend on me and pummel me to a pulp,let me explain. I know it's not the kid's fault. Damn if she knew she was contagious. It's her parents I want to clobber with a medicine textbook. Chickenpox is at its peak during the summer and their negligence is going to make it worse.

If I get chickenpox within the next week, you know who to blame. It's that pudgy bald man and his fat wife with a skinny daughter.

Pag ako, nagkaron ng bulutong... mga POX-siyet kayo!

-o-o-o-o-o-

"The moment I give is the moment you take
You're less than forgiven
The moment I wake is the moment you sleep
You're always receiving"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home