January 23, 2005

The Cycle of Salt and Sugar

Kaeiy is listening to: Same Ground - Kitchie Nadal

I know when my cycle begins anew. It is when I start craving chicharong laman from Lapid's, blueberry cheesecake from Becky's (though I'm not THAT crazy over blueberries, I'd still eat the topping because it will cause diabetes in mice), Lay's potato chips, Chocolate Decadent cake from Jack's Loft, Caesar's salad from Dome (my latest craze...the croutons on that thing is amazing! And the dressing is something else!), Spicy Chicken Floss from Bread Talk, dozens and dozens of donuts (chocolate loops from Gonuts Donuts, maple-raised from Country Style, Belgian Bites from Mister Donut), Beard Papa cream puffs (aaahh, a piece of heaven!), a grande cafe latte (screw soymilk! I get it with WHOLE milk. Yipes!) from Starbucks with an extra espresso shot... and three sugars, and any form of salty-sweet carbohydrates I can freely stuff myself with until I burst.

The cycle of Salt and Sugar marks the beginning of PMS. Yup, you read it right. Pre-Menstrual Syndrome. About a week later, the world turns red.

It's really strange. I've been "a lady" for 8 years now and yet my cycle is as regular as a 2-year old's penmanship. See, I was a late bloomer. In my high school batch, I was second to the last to get my period. I got mine the summer before sophomore year (and the last in our batch got hers at the beginning of our sophomore schoolyear), so yes, that's late in this world when 9-year olds bleed every month.

The only way I can predict when my monthly (if it decides NOT to skip) kalbaryo begins is when I begin to pig out, eat ten times what I normally do (and based on what's "normal" with me, that is a LOT) and I begin to bloat and retain water from all the salt and sugar.

And when the crimson tide comes, I am a pig with a slit throat.

Yuck...

-o-o-o-o-o-

My best friend Pao asked me one day, "Hindi ka pa ba napapagod sa kaka-mens mo? Magpaka-lalaki ka na lang kaya?" while he was sympathizing with a doubled-over-in-pain-Kasseopeia while watching me eat my third slice of New York cheesecake. HAH! Kahit masakit mag-mens, kahit mag-cramps ako buong araw, kahit may lumbosacral pain ako for three to four days of my cycle, hinding-hindi ko pipiliin maging lalaki! Haller?!?

-o-o-o-o-o-

And because I have nothing better to do today, I snagged this quiz from this blog.

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. write down what it says:
>> it says "... ang mga kalaban ko ng possessed na video ni Sadako, na...! " (10 bucks to the one who can guess what book this is from. Hehehe...)

Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
>> a mound of my dirty clothes. Yuck...

What was the last thing you watched on tv?
>> Extreme Discovery on the Discovery Channel, a one-hour ep on the lives of Doctors Without Borders volunteers in war-torn areas of Sri Lanka and Burundi. (Hay, this is one of the items in my list of 100 things to do before I die: to go on a medical mission as a volunteer...)

Without looking, guess what time it is.
>> around 9:30 kasi gising nako...

Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
>> 9:45 am. Hah! That was pretty accurate!

With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
>> "Lihim" by Cambio playing into my ear. Haheheh...

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
>> Yesterday, went to the mall. What was I doing? Having a good day. ;-)

Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
>> Peyups. Homepage eh. Yun talaga ang unang magl-load.

What are you wearing?
>> A black Peyups shirt and green shorts.

Did you dream last night?
>> Yup. Multiple dreams pa. Sheesh!

When did you last laugh?
>> As in a from-the-belly-utot-inducing laughter? Yesterday. Naaliw ako sa kasama ko sa mall. Ang kulet! Binu-bully ako. Nagpapa-bully naman ako! Hehehe...

What is on the walls of the room you are in?
>> An orange wall clock. Rows of bags. A light switch. A full-length mirror.

Seen anything weird lately?
>> What I'm eating right now: fresh strawberry slices in wheat bread. Weird but it's good. Either that or my hormones are tricking me again. Hehehe. :-p

What do you think of this quiz?
>> Uh, it gives me something to do so... thanks. Hahehe...

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
>> A big house within Manila that has a big garden. I already have one in mind. All I have to do is to wait to become a multi-millionaire, nyahahaha!

Tell me something about you that I don't know.
>> Errrr... that I'm on the rag? :-p

If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
>> Allow same-gender marriages anywhere and not just in some selected places. Marriage should be about love and commitment and nothing else. (Naku, nakikini-kinita ko na reaksyon ng isang lurker dyan! Keber!)

Do you like to dance?
>> Yes, despite the fact that I have two left feet. Hahehehe. I'd rather dance than sing!

Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
>> Ayoko isipin. Baka ma-unsyami.

Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
>> Sinabing ayoko isipin eh...

Would you ever consider living abroad?
>> Not unless kasama ko si... Hehehe... (lakas ng pangarap powers! Yebah!)

-o-o-o-o-o-

I was right. Crimson Tide has come. Ugh. Tomorrow means Concentration C(r)amp. On a Monday too. Double Ugh!

-o-o-o-o-o-

Wow! I have quite a long entry today. I know why... kasi ako ay nagpaka-busy-busy-han this past week so I guess I have a lot to write about.

This week, the kids were abnormally unruly. Their energy never seemd to dissipate. They'd usually be at their rowdiest on a Tuesday then their energy would taper down towards Friday. But come Friday, ther were still being little... well... unruly children. I even had a kid bite another kid! Biting again?!? Yargh! Kagatin ko sila dyan eh...

Well anyway, all's good. It's a Sunday today. I enjoyed my Saturday. I guess I'll be ready to go back to work tomorrow.

When I finish this darned LP. Sheesh...

-o-o-o-o-o-

Quote of the day: "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

3 Comments:

Blogger karlaredor said...

would that be a bob ong book?

hehe
so ikaw pala ay may monthly gobble-fest aside from the holiday gobble fest :p

4:17 AM  
Blogger stargazer said...

Rakista: Korak. Bob Ong ang author. Anong libro? Be specific. Or else may tax yung premyo!

11:39 PM  
Blogger karlaredor said...

and that would be

ang paboritong libro ni hudas.. hehehe

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home