November 01, 2007

No Bombs In Here!

Kaiey is listening to: the sound of rain on the rooftop

Instead of the planned shopping spree Jeni and I intended to have today, we went to Trinoma instead. I was curious of the mixed reviews I got. I remember going to Greenbelt 3 during its soft opening and some of the reviews reminded me of the reviews for the newest Ayala mall.

Well, let's just say that some of the comments are true (at least in my opinion) but some were... no longer applicable. The lighting is a bit dark and the ceiling a bit too low, especially in the food court. The choices are not as extensive as that in Glorietta but the overall vibe is more Glorietta than Greenbelt. However, the atrium (the garden levels are in the second/third - I cannot discern - and the fourth level) contains mostly restos found in Greenbelt.

We decided to eat at Jack's Loft. I originally intended to take Jeni there for our anniversary but we found Libis a bit too far from the hotel for comfort. So it was also a good thing we saw it at Trinoma. For starters, we had cheese fries and chicken fingers. Since Jeni loves chicken, this dish was a hit for her! She also ordered Chicken Stir-Fry - juicy chunks of chicken in a bed of rice simmered in broth, strips of sweet red bell pepper and caramelized onions. I tried the rice and it was quite tasty. I had 4 Mushroom Pasta - fettucini in cream sauce with 4 kinds of mushroom. I love mushrooms so this got my approval. We had quite a feast and I cannot believe we ate all of the food up, considering we had a fishbowl of iced tea, haha!

After eating, we walked around the mall looking for a pair of new badminton shoes and a Healthy Options shop. Jeni got her shoes from Badminton Hub and I found the Healthy Options store but failed to find the item I was looking for. Hay...

On other topics, work has been hectic. I've been working na extra 28 hours per week for the project. It's quite amusing that it seems that sineryoso nila talaga yung sagot ko sa tanong nila na "How do you handle pressure?"... sabi ko kasi na I don't like working without pressure. It's just too boring! Hay naku...

Anyway, an old friend and I reconnected some time last week and it's been great! I never thought we'd find each other again and I'm glad we did! New friends are silver but old ones are gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home